What We Offer
Your family deserves healthier air than this!
Without proper maintenance, an airflow system can accumulate a lot of dirt, and even become a breeding ground for mold.
Typical Filter Setup
This is a typical filter setup: A one-inch filter inside the furnace or air handler.
There are 3 problems common to this type of installation:
- Difficult to change the filter.
- Doesn’t make a good seal—some dirt bypasses the filter.
- Inadequate filter surface area for proper filtration and airflow.
Here is the solution to all these problems: An “extended media” filter. You’ll appreciate these advantages:
- Quick and easy to change the filter.
- Gasket material forms a good seal for thorough filtering.
- Large surface area (20-40 square feet, depending on model) effectively captures particles large and small without choking airflow.
What about Air Purifiers?
For those desiring the ultimate in clean and fresh indoor air, here are 3 products that we’ve had excellent results with:
- Aprilaire 5000
- Abatement Technologies CAP600UV
- Renewaire Energy Recovery Ventilators
Products We Trust:
Purported air purifying products that we DO NOT recommend:
- Ozone generators, such as from Living Air, Eco Quest, Eden Pure, etc. Read the EPA’s warnings about these.
- Washable electrostatic filters, such as from WEB, Dust Free, Lifetime, etc.
Ignore the claims, these filter poorly.
- Electronic Air Cleaners that filter by attracting dust particles to charged metal plates or plastic honeycombs, which must be washed or vacuumed periodically.
These filter very well for a while, but eventually lose some or all effectiveness. (In contrast, the particle collector in the Aprilaire 5000 gets replaced semi-annually, so it always performs “like new”.)
- Portable or room air cleaners.
What good is an air cleaner in a room if the central air system is circulating dirty air throughout the whole house?
The difference is visible!
Don’t assume that this upgrade costs an arm and a leg. The job pictured here was only $300. Please call today for your free quote!
"We've called Scientific A/C twice, once because we had no hot water and once because our A/C stopped working. Both times Joseph came the same day and fixed the problem. He also installed a different type of filter. Now the house is less dusty and the filter is easier for us to change. Thank you."
—Tim & Lori in Lewisberry
"Since converting from oil heat to a heat pump we're spending less on heating costs."
—Bob in Camp Hill
"Another company installed a new heat pump and then came out 3 times because our electric bills were $500 a month. They told us that's normal. I called Scientific A/C and Joe quickly diagnosed the problem as a wiring mistake and fixed it. Now it works as it should."
—Harold & Margie in Manheim
Thank you for your interest in our quality HVAC services. Whether you need troubleshooting, repair, replacement, or just advice, call the experts at Scientific Air Conditioning today. See how we are keeping homes comfortable and healthy in Harrisburg and surrounding areas.